01 February 2008

News and Notes (September '07)

This isn't intended to be a real blog, but I needed to get my fingers typing again and it's also helpful to distract myself so that my subconscious can get working on a topic worth reading. I have a list of topics taht I've been meaning to blog about, but for some reason making that list feels like a "safety net," so I'm hesitant to use any of my "go-to" topics. Maybe I just need to cover them all and get it over with. i don't know.

The weekend was not a great one as blog fodder goes. The club was inexplicably slow, with no real crowd to sepak of and nothing much going on. The only happening of note was that the mother of one of my youth group kids came in to party with her friends (for the new readers, I used to be a youth pastor many moons ago.) That was...strange, to say the least.

This past weekend also saw another brithday for Mrs. Yankee. Good times were had by all.

In an unrelated event, we went to the store to get a new pair of shin guards for my latest sporting endeavor, and stumbled into a huge clearance sale at our local sporting goods store. I ended up coming home with three more pairs of shoes. A few of the old pairs are going to have to move on, but I'll refrain from elaborating, because another shoe-focused blog is probably a bit too much weirdness for the new readers.

Getting back to the birthday festivities, I made a bit of extra scratch this week thanks to some lucrative side jobs, so Mrs. Yankee and I went on a rare shopping excursion as an additional birthday treat. While Mrs. Yankee was browsing the "intimates" section at the store, I wandered around for a while and looked at the toy section to see if there was anything cool I could pick up for my neices and nephews. When I came back, Mrs. Yankee was in the dressing room, but I did not know this, so I wandered through the racks of bras and panties looking for my wife. There is a reason I don't like doing this, and my worst fears were realized when a white-haired old southern lady sidled up to me, gave me a disapproving glare and said "Now YOU KNOW you shouldn't be wandering around in here and looking at all of this!"

She gave a snort of disapproval and she turned on her heel as I stammered, turned bright red, and tried to explain that I had a wife around there somewhere. She was uninterested in the excuses and ravings of an obvious pervert.

Well, those are the notes and that's the news for now. You'll get a more substantial blog before the day is over.

Hasta later,

The Yankee

No comments: