01 February 2008

Halloween brings out the inner slut? (October '06)

I've been noticing a trend of late, and by way of an informal poll, I've found that I'm not alone in my observations.

I'm not sure when this became a pan-cultural trend, but it seems that Halloween brings out the inner whore in an estimated 90% of the adult female population here in the US.

A phenomenon that was once restricted to frat parties and swinger soirées has now made it out into the wider world, and the young ladies are being swept up in the madness at younger and younger ages each year.

If you're wondering what I'm talking about, take a look around at your next holiday shindig. Starting at about age 15, many women can't seem to dress up without throwing an element of streetwalker into the costume.

Dressing up like a nurse? Not anymore. Now they dress up like a "slutty nurse."

How about a vampire? Nope, a "sexy vampire."

An Indian maiden? Nope, now it's "Poke-a-hot-ass."

Whatever happened to regular costumes? What turning point led to the proliferation of plunging necklines, rising hemlines, and the replacement of cotton and polyesters with leather and latex? And since when does a librarian use a riding crop?

And I won't even get into the issue of those who are squeezing larger frames into smaller and smaller costumes... Those are the scariest outfits of all.

So what gives? When did Halloween turn into a national "Pimp-n-Ho" party?

I'm just glad I don't have any daughters these days...

No comments: