01 February 2008

An important blog (December '06)

A lot of you read my blog because I sometimes post humorous rants. Some of you prefer my more serious blog, where I write openly about my life. Still others prefer when I write about complex social issues and take a bold stance.

This blog doesn't really fit into any of those categories.

I'd like to ask two favors of you, dear readers.

First, please check out http://www.theforgotten.org


Don't just look quickly. Please explore the site thoroughly, really taking the time to learn and to absorb what you are seeing.

Second, please do me a favor and direct others to the site. You can do this via a bulletin, you can do it by e-mail, you can do it by word of mouth--hell, you can do it by directing people to this blog if you want.

Just please help spread the truth.

The Turkish government refuses to acknowledge the Armenian genocide. This is unsurprising, as they also refuse to admit similar campaigns that were waged against the Hungarians and the Greeks. The Ottoman Turkish empire systematically exterminated millions of innocent people during its existence, most notably members of nearby "Christian" nations.

There are quite a few Armenians back in Rhode Island. I have met quite a few here in GA. All in all, I'd say that I have met Armenians from somewhere around 50 different families. To this day I have not met ONE that did not lose a grandmother or grandfather in the genocide.

As I type this, I think that the United States is the only nation to have formally recognized the Armenian genocide.

Turkish school systems not only fail to teach this portion of history, they are brainwashing children into mindless and savage denial of this brutal massacre. There are very obvious parallels between the Turkish denial of the Armenian genocide and the Neo-Nazi denial of the Jewish Holocaust.

The only way we can ever bring about justice or reconciliation is through honesty and education. That means that this must not be forgotten.

Don't shy away from learning because it's too hard to watch. Don't turn your back on the millions who died. Don't let your own need for comfort deafen your ears to the voices of the millions crying out for justice.

In closing, I'll leave you with this quote:

"I have placed my death-head formations in readiness - for the present only in the East - with orders to them to send to death mercilessly and without compassion , men, women, and children of Polish derivation and language. Only thus shall we gain the living space (lebensraum) which we need. Who, after all, speaks today of the annihilation of the Armenians?" --Adolph Hitler, 1939.

Here is another page full of interesting quotes on the topic.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are many interesting here. Hope to see some more in future

Anonymous said...

Good Article

Anonymous said...

Good article. Thank you.
http://buy-cigarette-online.biz/

Anonymous said...

Good article. Thank you.
http://asacols.info/

Order Anti-Depressants said...

Keep up the good work.